Hospital optometry webinar: Assessing and managing the impact of Covid-19 on cataract waiting lists and telemedicine helplines at Moorfields
This webinar will provide insight into service delivery at Moorfields Eye Hospital during the COVID-19 pandemic in two key areas.
Firstly, the session will look at how the hospital has responded to tackling the cataract waiting list, taking into account risk stratification, prioritisation and assessment of patients in the context of the pandemic.
The second aspect of the content will explore how limited delivery of hospital eye services during the pandemic has impacted upon telemedicine helplines, including the nature of input from optometrists, the availability of care and patient adherence to advice given via this service.
There is one interactive CET point available for this webinar. To be eligible for the point you need to watch the duration of the webinar via a computer or handheld device. If you listen via the telephone only you will not be eligible for the point.
Hospital optometrist virtual series
This session is part of the hospital optometry virtual series - a combination of webinars and peer discussions that are being hosted by the AOP due to the Hospital Optometrists Annual Conference being unable to take place as normal, due to the current government guidelines. We hope to see you in 2021 for the 46th Hospital Optometrists Annual Conference.
Other events in this series:
- 3 November, Hospital optometry webinar: Virtual low vision services
- 4 November, Hospital optometry peer discussion (non-IP) - online
- 10 November, Hospital optometry webinar: Future proofing your AMD service
- 11 November, Hospital optometry peer discussion (IP) - online
- 17 November, Hospital optometry webinar: Virtual clinics in the contact lens service. What have we learned from COVID-19?
19:00 - 20:15
Assessing and managing the impact of Covid-19 on cataract waiting lists and telemedicine helplines at Moorfields