Hospital optometry webinar: virtual low vision services
This webinar will look at how two hospital low vision services adapted in the wake of the global pandemic.
Katy Barnard, clinical lead low vision at Moorfields Eye Hospital, will look at:
- How they adapted to the pandemic
- Cancelling face-to-face appointments
- Developing a telephone protocol and service design
- How they have implemented the home vision acuity test, using the clinic to provide data towards validating this test in a low vision population.
It will also look at the audit of 500 records of patients seen in May 2020 in via the telephone service, and how they can use these results and lessons learnt to move forward with the service design.
Moira McClure, specialist optometrist for Belfast Trust, will focus on three areas:
- Namely protocols for telephone low vision care developed in the pandemic
- A summary of data collated from telephone assessments and
- "Lessons learned: implications for future low vision care".
There is one interactive CET point available for this webinar. To be eligible for the point you need to watch the duration of the webinar via a computer or handheld device. If you listen via the telephone only you will not be eligible for the point.
Hospital optometrist virtual series
This session is part of the hospital optometry virtual series - a combination of webinars and peer discussions that are being hosted by the AOP due to the Hospital Optometrists Annual Conference being unable to take place as normal, due to the current government guidelines. We hope to see you in 2021 for the 46th Hospital Optometrists Annual Conference.
Other events in this series:
- 4 November, Hospital optometry peer discussion (non-IP) - online
- 10 November, Hospital optometry webinar: Future proofing your AMD service
- 11 November, Hospital optometry peer discussion (IP) - online
- 17 November, Hospital optometry webinar: Virtual clinics in the contact lens service. What have we learned from COVID-19?
- 24 November, Hospital optometry webinar: Assessing and managing the impact of COVID-19 on cataract waiting lists and telemedicine helplines at Moorfields
19:00 - 20:15
Virtual low vision services