Hospital optometry peer discussion (non-IP) - online
Peer discussion is a great way to share ideas and reflect on different approaches. You will be presented with a minimum of three cases to discuss in small groups with your peers.
Delegates will benefit from:
- Hearing different approaches to managing clinical situations from their peers
- Recognising the importance of reflection on current and future practice
- Cases relating to the work of hospital optometrists.
This peer discussion is for non-IP hospital optometrists only. You will be asked to identify which trust you work for during the booking process.
- There are three interactive CET points approved for this webinar
- To be eligible for the CET you need to attend for the duration of the meeting and be able to participate in interactive polls
- You will not be eligible for the CET if you dial in to the audio only using a telephone
- These events do not cover the requirement for contact lens opticians or therapeutic specialist optometrists
- By attending this session, you will be fulfilling the GOC's peer review requirement for optometrists.
The meeting will take place using Zoom.
We recommend that you use a computer or tablet device to participate in this meeting.
Please note: you will not be able to participate in this meeting if you are using Chromebooks/Chrome OS or Zoom Rooms as you will be unable to join breakout rooms.
Hospital optometrist virtual series
This session is part of the hospital optometry virtual series - a combination of webinars and peer discussions that are being hosted by the AOP due to the Hospital Optometrists Annual Conference being unable to take place as normal, due to the current government guidelines. We hope to see you in 2021 for the 46th Hospital Optometrists Annual Conference.
Other events in this series:
- 3 November, Hospital optometry webinar: Virtual low vision services
- 10 November, Hospital optometry webinar: Future proofing your AMD service
- 11 November, Hospital optometry peer discussion (IP) - online#
- 17 November, Hospital optometry webinar: Virtual clinics in the contact lens service. What have we learned from COVID-19?
- 24 November, Hospital optometry webinar: Assessing and managing the impact of COVID-19 on cataract waiting lists and telemedicine helplines at Moorfields