Stand out - become a student rep
Make a difference to optometry by becoming a student representative
We’re giving you the chance to shape the future of the optometry profession as we look for our next student representatives.
Being an AOP student rep is a rare opportunity to get more involved in your profession and become the voice of your fellow students.
Successful candidates could also be considered for positions on the AOP Council as a student representative, pre-reg representative and newly-qualified optometrist representative, allowing you to continue your skills after graduation.
As one of 14 university representatives from across the country you will:
- Help us to develop student initiatives and benefits
- Contribute to our student communications, such as social media and our award-winning journal, Optometry Today
- Play an integral role in shaping the support and services that we offer
The position will run from January-December 2021.
What will I gain?
In return we’ll offer you the opportunity to:
- Help shape the future of your profession
- Enhance your learning opportunities
- Improve your skills and employability, adding an asset to your CV
- Be part of a passionate team dedicated to improving the optometry profession
Think you’ve got what it takes?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, proactive second year (or third year if you’re at GCU) optometry student. Someone who is already closely involved with their Optometry Society (OPSOC) and possibly on, or standing, for committee.