Promoting good contact lens hygiene
To coincide with the GOC’s Love Your Lenses week, 24-30 March, we’ve created a new 60 second patient advice video. Tying in with the theme of the 2018 awareness week of washing and drying hands properly, the video provides a step-by-step guide for contact lens users to ensure their hands are clean.
The video can be shared on social media, in your practice or on your website and is free to download using the links below:
To download a version of our 60 second: Hand washing for your practice
- On Internet Explorer, right click the link and select 'Save target as'.
- On Chrome, right click the link and select 'Save link as'.
- On Safari, right click and select 'Download linked file'.
- Advice video – AOP 60 second advice: handwashing
- Advice video – AOP 60 second advice: handwashing, formatted for Twitter and Facebook
Ahead of Love Your Lenses week we’re also reminding members of our existing resources, including videos and leaflets, for contact lens patients:
- Patient leaflet – Advice if you wear soft contact lenses
- Patient leaflet – Advice if you wear rigid contact lenses
- Advice video – AOP 60 second advice: contact lenses
- Advice video – AOP guide to wearing contact lenses at festivals
- Patient blog – A convert to contacts