Love Eyewear Awards enters a new dimension
Show organisers have collaborated with ShopAR by DeepAR on a new interactive filter to try-on designs shortlisted for the awards
13 November 2023
A new interactive social media filter has been created for the Love Eyewear Awards, taking place at 100% Optical 2024 in February.
The show organisers have worked with ShopAR by DeepAR, the headline sponsor of the Love Eyewear Awards 2024, to create a filter allowing event attendees and exhibitors to virtually try on designs shortlisted in the awards.
The filter has been produced in celebration of the 10th anniversary of 100% Optical, which will be held at ExCeL on 24–26 February next year.
Marlon Cera-Marle, 100% Optical show director, commented: “These awards have grown year-on-year and truly reflect and celebrate fashion and design as well as the innovation and growing technology in this exciting sector.”
George Berkowski, CEO and co-founder of DeepAR, added: “We believe that this year’s awards will be even more exciting and interactive with the extra dimension of AR and 3D.”
The awards feature 13 categories, including the newly introduced Best Innovation of the Year Award.
Show organisers confirmed that the judging panel includes:
- Morag Myerscough, artist
- Jessica-Christin Hametner, editor-in-chief of ICON Magazine
- Stefano Ampollini, editor-in-chief of Eyebook Magazine
- Neil Handley, curator of the British Optical Association Museum at the College of Optometrists
- Kayla Heersink, optician and eyewear influencer of @Opticali_style
- Simon Carter, creative director of Simon Carter Ltd
- Clodagh Norton, director for Eyestylist and the editor-in-chief of 20/20 Europe Magazine
- Daniel Feldman, executive editor of The Optical Journal
- Maarten Weidema, founder of The Eyewear Forum.
Entries for the awards close on December 4, with the shortlist set to be announced on January 22.
Winners of the Love Eyewear Awards will be announced on the 100% Optical catwalk on February 24.
100% Optical 2024 will take place at ExCeL London on 24–26 February. Register for free online.