Edmonds and Slatter Opticians name new charity of the year
The Leicestershire-based optometrist has formed a new partnership with Menphys
09 June 2022
Leicestershire-based Edmonds & Slatter Opticians has announced a new charity partnership with Menphys.
Also based in Leicestershire, Menphys has supported local families for over 50 years, with a range of services for children and young adults up to the age of 25 who have additional needs and disabilities.
Edmonds & Slatter Opticians said it chose to support Menphys as its charity of the year as this would enable them to continue helping people who are visually impaired, and to support children who may have previously had difficulty accessing eye care.
Discussing the partnership, Amy Coleburne, charity co-ordinator at Edmonds & Slatter, said: “We are very proud to be able to offer our support and take on the mantle of ‘official opticians’ to Menphys.”
Plans for fundraising activities include raffles, open evenings, sponsored events, and a charity gold day.
Tim Cole, director at Edmonds & Slatter, said: “As an independent opticians, it’s really important for us to engage with the community and all of the team at Edmonds & Slatter have volunteered their free time for our charity events.”
Pandemic restrictions at the time of the initial opening meant the practice opening could not be celebrated as usual.
Speaking of the official opening, practice manager, Jodie Lyon, called it a “milestone.”
- Specsavers introduces new clinical technician role to the group
- Hakim Group expands portfolio in Scotland
- Independent service providers: reducing cataract waiting lists, market shifts, and the impact of COVID-19
- Facing inflation: “Operational costs will need careful scrutiny”
- “The pandemic has shown us that the optometry and ophthalmology sectors can work together”