Independent celebrates sixth anniversary
Anne Gill Eyecare opened in Portsmouth in 2013
01 March 2019
Independent opticians Anne Gill Eyecare has marked six years since it opened its doors in Portsmouth by investing in an optical coherence tomography (OCT) device.
Having opened in the coastal city in 2013, the independent is owned by optometrist Anne Gill, who have been qualified for more than 40 years. The practice has opted for the Heidelberg Engineering Spectralis OCT.
Speaking about purchasing the OCT device, Ms Gill said: “I first attended a demonstration of OCT at an industry event in February 2016 and after seeing it in action I was all the more determined to bring it to my patients because I knew what a difference it would make.”
She said that patients are already benefiting from the device in practice.
“It feels fantastic to know we really are offering something that makes us stand out from the crowd and is doing so much good for the people we care for,” Ms Gill added.
Coinciding with its anniversary, Anne Gill Eyecare has been shortlisted for Retailer of the Year at this year’s the region’s Business Excellence Awards, which are run by local newspaper, The News.
- Specsavers introduces new clinical technician role to the group
- Hakim Group expands portfolio in Scotland
- Facing inflation: “Operational costs will need careful scrutiny”
- “The pandemic has shown us that the optometry and ophthalmology sectors can work together”
- New acquisitions take Bayfields up to 41 practices