Opticians and hearing care company grows as it marks its 80th anniversary
10 July 2018
The expansion comes as the family-owned business marks its 80th anniversary.
Scrivens has reported a “huge increase” in its hearing care services over the last 12 months, appointing 15 additional hearing aid audiologists and investing in larger head offices as a result.
Chairman of Scrivens, Nick Georgevic, said: “When we moved to our head office in Edgbaston in May 2010, it was with a view to continuing to grow the business by providing our optical and hearing care services nationwide. It is fitting that as we celebrate our 80th anniversary we can see that objective realised.”
Scrivens is the second largest provider of NHS hearing care on the High Street. It has been providing hearing care services for the last 60 years, for 11 of which it has offered NHS services. It currently has 182 branches across England and Wales, with more than 1100 employees.
- Specsavers introduces new clinical technician role to the group
- Hakim Group expands portfolio in Scotland
- Independent service providers: reducing cataract waiting lists, market shifts, and the impact of COVID-19
- Facing inflation: “Operational costs will need careful scrutiny”
- “The pandemic has shown us that the optometry and ophthalmology sectors can work together”