Peer discussion, York
Where: Park Inn by Radisson, York City Centre, North Street, York YO1 6JF
Interactive CET points approved: 3
Peer discussion is a great way to share ideas and reflect on different approaches. You will be presented with a range of cases, clinical scenarios and ethical dilemmas to discuss in small groups with your peers.
Delegates will benefit from
- Hearing different approaches to managing clinical situations from their peers
- Understanding appropriate referral and management pathways
- Recognising the importance of reflection on current and future practice
By attending one of the AOP Peer Discussions you will be fulfilling the GOC Peer Review requirement for Optometrists. These events do not cover the requirement for contact lens opticians or therapeutic specialist optometrists.
Please note that all the peer discussions in 2020 will cover the same cases and therefore points will only be awarded once.
6:15PM - 7:00PM
7:00PM - 9:00PM
C-74544: AOP Peer Discussions
- Be able to manage and advise patients with external ocular disease
- Understand the management and clinical treatment of external ocular disease
- Be able to evaluate a patient for glaucoma, considering their risk factors
- Understand how visual fields are interpreted particularly with respect to detecting glaucoma
- Be able to identify and manage contact lens complications
- Understand how contact lens complications present and are managed
- Be aware of current good practice in management of eye disease
- Be able to select an appropriate contact lens for an astigmatic patient
|Non-members||£95 (including VAT)|
Please note that all bookings for AOP events are subject to our terms and conditions, which include our cancellation policy.