Peer Discussion, London
Where: Association of Optometrists, 2 Woodbridge Street, London, EC1R 0DG
Interactive CET points approved: 3
Target groups: O, DO
Peer discussion is a great way to share ideas and reflect on different approaches. You will be presented with a range of cases, clinical scenarios and ethical dilemmas to discuss in small groups with your peers.
Delegates will benefit from
- Hearing different approaches to managing clinical situations from their peers
- Understanding appropriate referral and management pathways
- Recognising the importance of reflection on current and future practice
By attending one of the AOP Peer Discussions you will be fulfilling the GOC Peer Review requirement for Optometrists. These events do not cover the requirement for contact lens opticians or therapeutic specialist optometrists.
Please note that all the peer discussions in 2019 will cover the same cases and therefore points will only be awarded once.
6:15PM - 7:00PM
7:00PM - 9:00PM
C-70268: Peer discussions
- Understand how to manage a patient presenting with blurred vision
- Be aware of legal obligations in relation to safeguarding
- Know when and how to refer an ocular abnormality
- Understand the management of a patient with diplopia
- Understand how to communicate effectively with a patient's family member
- Understand the Humphrey field plot
- Understand some of the causes of blurred vision
| AOP Members
|Non-members|| £95 (including VAT)
Mainline Instruments has grown as an independent supplier of ophthalmic instrumentation that offers novel solutions for the optometry world.
Formed in 1997 and based in Birmingham, Mainline are ideally experienced and located to provide support for the many products available. Mainline supply a variety of products from established manufacturers such as Icare, Keeler, Tomey, Huvitz, Neitz, Oculus and more.