Mastering Workplace Communication
Where: Association of Optometrists, 2 Woodbridge Street, London, EC1R 0DG
Interactive CET points approved: 15
This workshop will help delegates to understand the essential elements of effective communication in the workplace. Delegates will discuss common scenarios, understand how communication styles differ, and how communication can impact on team dynamics.
|Time||Session name||CET points|
|9.30am - 10.00am||Registration|
|10.00am - 11.15am||Choosing the right medium to communicate||3|
|11.15am - 11.30am||Refreshment break|
|11.30am - 12.15pm||Communication theory and technique||3|
|12.15pm - 1.00pm||Communication skills and teamwork||3|
|1.00pm - 1.45pm||Lunch|
|1.45pm - 3.00pm||Communication: practical skills||3|
|3.00pm - 3.15pm||Refreshment break|
|3.15pm - 4.30pm||Dealing with 'difficult' people||3|
C-62131: Choosing the right medium to communicate
- To be better able to analyse your own and other people’s approach to communication in order to manage patient expectations in vision, eye health prognosis and eye wear outcomes
- To be better able to communicate with all types of patients at all stages in their lives in order to manage patient expectations in vision, eye health prognosis and eye wear outcomes
C-6213: Communication skills and teamwork
- To discuss how to use communication skills and techniques to improve teamwork scenarios (including shared care, clinical pre-screening done by other staff members, giving feedback and motivation) and to enhance personal impact in the practice for peer, colleague and patient benefit for better clinical outcomes
C-62133: Communication theory and technique
- To better understand the complexities of workplace and patient communication in order to better apply effective communication for better patient care delivery and outcomes.
- To apply best practice communication techniques to practical patient situations (especially in delivering bad news or unexpected information) by experimenting with different techniques in small groups by role play and discussion, critique and feedback.
|Rate (including VAT)|
|AOP Member - practice team member||£195|
Please note that all bookings for AOP events are subject to our terms and conditions, which include our cancellation policy.