We’re giving you the chance to shape the future of the optometry profession as we look for our next student representatives.
Being an AOP student rep is a rare opportunity to get more involved in your profession and become the voice of your fellow students.
Successful candidates could also be considered for positions on the AOP Council as a student representative, pre-reg representative and newly-qualified optometrist representative, allowing you to continue your skills after graduation.
As one of 12 university representatives from across the country you will:
- Help us to develop student initiatives and benefits
- Contribute to our student communications, such as social media and our award-winning journal, Optometry Today
- Play an integral role in shaping the support and services that we offer
The position will run from January-December 2020.
What will I gain?
In return we’ll offer you the opportunity to:
- Help shape the future of your profession
- Enhance your learning opportunities
- Improve your skills and employability, adding an asset to your CV
- Be part of a passionate team dedicated to improving the optometry profession
Think you’ve got what it takes?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active first year (or second year if you’re at GCU) optometry student. Someone who is already closely involved with their Optometry Society (OPSOC) and possibly on, or standing, for committee.