Our defence package protects your interests, reputation and right to practise
We represent our members through our in-house team of optical clinicians and lawyers, to provide you with unparalleled expertise. As a member, we will assist, advise and represent you in relation to your practice in a range of areas, including:
- Investigations instigated by the General Optical Council (GOC)
- Representation at GOC hearings
- Investigations instigated by the NHS
- Complaints from patients via the Optical Consumer Complaints Service (OCCS), the Ombudsman and the Citizens Advice Bureau
- Internal employment hearings
Legal advice line for non-optometry issues
You can also access our free legal advice line 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for all legal enquiries not necessarily related to your work. The advice line can assist you with things like neighbour disputes, landlord and tenant issues, intellectual property queries, criminal enquiries and a lot more.
Call 0345 250 0762 and remember to quote your membership number.