The science behind unsurpassed comfort
Smart Silicone™ chemistry is the technology at the heart of the MyDay® family of lenses and is the perfect combination of three unique features:
1. Long chain silicone molecules
These molecules support efficient oxygen delivery to the cornea. These long chains also use less raw silicon than other daily disposable silicone hydrogel lenses, which have shorter silicone chains. This creates more space for hydrophilic components.
2. Molecularly bonded hydrophilic groups
Molecularly bonded hydrophilic groups enhance the compatibility of the hydrophilic and hydrophobic material ingredients. This sustains inherent wettability and facilitates optimal water content.
3. Low cross-link density
Longer silicone chains and increased compatibility between the hydrophilic and hydrophobic materials enable lower cross-link density. This, combined with less raw silicon and increased hydrophilic components, helps deliver our softest ever silicone hydrogel lens.
Proven toric lens design
MyDay® toric incorporates Optimised Toric Lens Geometry™ that is found in CooperVision’s leading contact lens for astigmatism, Biofinity® toric.
A healthier lens-wearing experience1
The SiHy material of MyDay® toric provides the highest Dk/t of any daily disposable toric lens.2 The table clearly highlights the significant difference in oxygen transmissibility across the whole lens profile, compared to the leading toric competitors.3
Find out more at www.coopervision.co.uk or contact your CooperVision business development manager.
- Silicone hydrogel is the healthiest soft contact lens material. With higher oxygen permeability than hydrogel materials, silicone hydrogel contact lenses minimise or eliminate hypoxia-related signs and symptoms during lens wear
- Based on manufacturer’s published Dk (FATT) and t values, Association of Contact Lens Manufacturers, 2016
- PhaseFocus™ Dk/t lens profile report, April, 2016. Standardised scale to allow for like-for-like comparison across entire lens area. ACUVUE® is a trademark of Johnson and Johnson Medical Limited. DAILIES® and AquaComfort PLUS® are trademarks of Novartis AG
- Holden BA, Mertz GW. Critical oxygen levels to avoid corneal edema for daily and extended wear contact lenses. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1984; 25(10): 1161-1167.
* Warning: UV-absorbing contact lenses are not substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear, such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses, because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. Patients should continue to use UV-absorbing eyewear as directed.