Helpful advice and answers to the questions that commonly arise in connection with our webinars
Accessing the webinar
1. How do I access the webinar?
- AOP uses Zoom as the webinar delivery platform
- Once you have registered for the webinar you will be sent a link to join the webinar from Zoom
- If prompted, please make sure that you use the same name and email address that you have registered with the AOP
2. What time should I join the webinar?
Please join the webinar using the link that was sent in the confirmation email at least five minutes before the webinar is due to begin.
During the webinar
3. I can see the slides moving but I can’t hear anything. What should I do?
- Check your speakers/headphones are on
- Ensure any device you are using is not paired with a different speaker
- If all seems to be working, exit the webinar and rejoin
4. Do I need my video and audio to be on during the webinar?
Attendees are in listen only mode so you don’t need a microphone or webcam to attend the webinar.
5. How do I ask a question to the panellists?
Please submit all questions through the Q&A function on the webinar. Attendees are not able to ask questions verbally.
6. I can’t see any of the questions that are being submitted during the webinar. Is this correct?
Questions are only visible to the panelists on the webinar. Attendees will not be able to see them.
7. Why was my question not answered during the webinar?
We will answer as many questions as possible during the live broadcast. On some webinars we receive a high volume of questions and are not able to answer them all live. If this happens, we review the questions afterwards and will either come back to you directly or use them to update our web content.
8. I attended a webinar but received an email saying that I didn’t attend. What should I do?
Please email [email protected] with details and we will investigate this for you.
9. Will the webinar be available after the live broadcast?
We record all our webinars that are not subject to Chatham House Rules. Subject to a quality check of the recording, the recording should be available on the AOP website Webinar recordings page within 10 working days.
10. What are the requirements to be awarded CET?
- You need to watch the webinar using either a computer or a tablet device
- Log in to the webinar using the join link in the email that was sent to you when you booked
- The GOC requirement is that you attend for a minimum of 60 minutes to be eligible for the CET
- If you dial in to the webinar using your telephone to listen to the audio only you will not be eligible for the CET
11. I had connection issues. Will I still be awarded the CET?
Zoom tracks all attendance and reports a cumulative total of the time you attended. If the cumulative total is over 60 minutes, then you will be eligible for CET.
12. How long will it take for the CET to be processed?
The CET can take up to 10 working days to be processed. Please make sure that you have checked your account with the GOC and accepted your points.
13. Is CET available for watching the recording?
- Interactive CET is only available for the live broadcast. There is no CET available for watching a webinar recording
- Some webinar recordings may be available for non-interactive CET. Please visit www.aop.org.uk/ot/cet to access our non-interactive CET