Helpful advice and answers to the questions that commonly arise in connection with our webinars
Accessing the webinar
1. How do I access the webinar?
- AOP uses Zoom as the webinar delivery platform
- Once you have registered for the webinar you will be sent a link to join the webinar from Zoom
- If prompted, please make sure that you use the same name and email address that you have registered with the AOP
2. What time should I join the webinar?
During the webinar
3. I can see the slides moving but I can’t hear anything. What should I do?
- Check your speakers/headphones are on
- Ensure any device you are using is not paired with a different speaker
- If all seems to be working, exit the webinar and rejoin
4. Do I need my video and audio to be on during the webinar?
5. How do I ask a question to the panellists?
6. I can’t see any of the questions that are being submitted during the webinar. Is this correct?
7. Why was my question not answered during the webinar?
8. I attended a webinar but received an email saying that I didn’t attend. What should I do?
9. Will the webinar be available after the live broadcast?
10. What are the requirements to be awarded CPD?
- You need to watch the webinar using either a computer or a tablet device
- Log in to the webinar using the join link in the email that was sent to you when you booked
- The GOC requirement is that you attend for a minimum of 60 minutes to be eligible for the CPD
- If you dial in to the webinar using your telephone to listen to the audio only you will not be eligible for the CPD
11. I had connection issues. Will I still be awarded the CPD?
Zoom tracks all attendance and reports a cumulative total of the time you attended. If the cumulative total is over 60 minutes, then you will be eligible for CPD.
12. How long will it take for the CPD to be processed?
The CPD can take up to 10 working days to be processed. Your CPD certificate will be available to download from the ‘events’ tab in MyAOP within 10 days. You will then be required to upload your certificate to your GOC account.
13. Is CPD available for watching the recording?
- Interactive CPD is only available for the live broadcast. There is no CPD available for watching a webinar recording
- Some webinar recordings may be available for non-interactive CPD. Please visit www.aop.org.uk/ot/cpd to access our non-interactive CPD