This peer review is delivered in partnership with Johnson & Johnson Vision.
The evening will begin with a short update from the AOP and will be followed by a peer review led by Johnson & Johnson Vision, which will consider the fact that lifestyles are becoming increasingly demanding, with more hours spent on digital devices than ever before, together with packed work and social calendars.
With these evolving lifestyle demands, it’s perhaps not surprising that 75% of patients agree that they would like more from their contact lenses.
Using patient cases, this session will explore how to identify contact lens wearers’ clinical and lifestyle needs and address how we can ensure we provide patients with the best contact lens wearing experience for their modern lifestyle.
This session is for AOP members only, working as an optometrist in independent practice.
- Practitioners will appreciate the importance of a obtaining a full patient history in order to recommend the most appropriate contact lens to meet the patient’s lifestyle and visual needs (s.1)
- Practitioners will consider effective ways to recommend a visual solution to patients, allowing the patient to be fully involved in the decisions made about their care
- Practitioners will reflect on their current soft contact lens knowledge and ways of ensuring that this is kept up to date
- There are three interactive CPD points approved for this peer review
- To be eligible for the CPD points you need to attend for the duration of the meeting and be able to participate in interactive polls
- You will not be eligible for the CPD points if you dial in to the audio only using a telephone
- The meeting will take place using Zoom
- We recommend that you use a computer or tablet device to participate in this meeting
- You will not be able to participate in this meeting if you are using Chromebooks/Chrome OS or Zoom Rooms as you will be unable to join breakout rooms
7.00PM - 8.30PM
Online peer review for independent practitioners: Meeting modern day demands
CPD ref no: C-104481