Webinar: Papilloedema - is it or isn't it?
This webinar will describe the main features of papilloedema and pseudopapilloedema.
- Discuss the examinations necessary in making a differential diagnosis
- Discuss risk factors involved for each DDX
- Discuss associated and important symptoms
- Discuss importance of record keeping and reference to old records where possible
- Discuss urgency of referral if referral is required
The session will assist practitioners in safely managing patients who are suspected of having swollen optic nerve heads.
Lorcan Butler is the Optical Engagement Manager for the Brain Tumour Charity. He has 17 years of experience of working as optometrist in a variety of different settings. He is involved in providing learning material to the optical sector on behalf of the Brain Tumour Charity.
To be eligible for the CET you must attend for the duration of the session. We recommend you join the session at least five minutes before the webinar is due to begin.
7:00PM - 8:00PM
2.7.7 Understand the differential diagnosis for papilloedema and the clinical information required in cases where an onward referral is required
6.1.14 be able to interpret the signs and symptoms of patients with suspect papilloedema
8.1.5 Be aware of the manifestations and management of patients with suspect papilloedema
Standards of Practice