Locum webinar: The effects of the IR35 off-payroll legislation on locums
The IR35 off-payroll changes have finally arrived and many end clients and agencies are still unprepared which then has a knock-on effect to the contractors engaged via limited companies.
This webinar, supported by Johnson & Johnson Vision, considers the legislation and the practicalities of meeting the responsibilities and liabilities it creates for the contractual chain.
There is no CET associated with this webinar.
Paul Mason, Head of Tax Partnerships at Markel Tax will discuss:
- How IR35 status decisions are made and why HMRC wanted the legislation to be changed
- End clients now as IR35 decision-makers (and often the fee payer)
- The way decisions must be communicated and the penalties for not doing so
- How this affects recruitment agencies when they sit in the contractual chain
- The contractor trading through their limited or personal service company
- The impact on the marketplace where end clients have made IR35 decisions
- How the market is likely to change over the next few months