Find an optometrist
Resources to help you find an optometrist or an opticians in your area
We normally recommend everyone has a sight test at least once every two years, but the coronavirus pandemic has meant that routine practice was suspended for a period, and still is in Scotland, so the time between your sight tests might be longer than normal. It is also likely that most practices will need to continue to prioritise those with greatest need based on appointment availability.
Contact your optometrist urgently if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- You experience sudden changes to vision, such as flashes, floaters or blurry vision
- Your eyes are red or painful
- Your contact lenses are causing discomfort
- An object has become lodged in your eye
You can use the following websites to find an optometrist or practice in your area:
- The NHS Choices website if you are based in England
- The HSCNI website if you are in Northern Ireland
- The NHS inform Scotland website if you are in Scotland
- The Wales Eye Care Services website if you are in Wales
For more content about looking after your eyes, visit our For patients section.