Find an optometrist
Resources to help you find an optometrist or an opticians in your area
We recommend everyone has a sight test at least once every two years.
You can use the following websites to find an optometrist or practice in your area:
- The NHS Choices website if you are based in England
- The HSCNI website if you are in Northern Ireland
- The NHS inform Scotland website if you are in Scotland
- The Wales Eye Care Services website if you are in Wales
Contact your optometrist urgently if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- You experience sudden changes to vision, such as flashes, floaters or blurry vision
- Your eyes are red or painful
- Your contact lenses are causing discomfort
- An object has become lodged in your eye
For more content about looking after your eyes, visit our For patients section.