Specsavers Opticians are seeking to recruit full-time optometrists to work throughout the Portsmouth, Hampshire Region (to include Portsmouth Central, Portsmouth North End, Southsea and Cosham).
DUTIES OF THE ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations.
- Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses.
- To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacles and contact lenses as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing.
- To refer patients to an opthalmologist eye specialist, where required.
- To maintain patients records to a professional standard.
- To maintain ongoing professional CET.
- Full registration as an optometrist with the GOC.
- Must have achieved core competencies as specified by the College of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC.
- Must be confident and professional, yet with a friendly and approachable disposition.
- Must have excellent patient/customer care skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Able to demonstrate sound professional skills.
To apply for this post please forward your full CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the post.
Closing date: 3rd July 2020