DEPARTMENT: Professional Services
LOCATION: North London & Home Counties
WORKING HOURS: Monday – Friday 8:30 – 4:30 (CooperVision operate a flexible working policy)
CooperVision is a global manufacturer of contact lenses. If you’re a wearer it’s likely that you’ve tried our products as we supply to some of the UK’s largest opticians & household names. We are a global business but we operate as a “big small” company. This means we can be flexible to the ever-changing market & the needs of our customers.
At CooperVision we have four key values that define our unique culture: we are dedicated, we are inventive, we are friendly, we are partners. Through a combination of innovative products and creative solutions focused support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and contact lens wearers.
This role is responsible for the successful implementation of the CooperVision MiSight myopia management programme into UK optical practices. The Myopia Specialist will maximise MiSight opportunities through Optometrist / Contact Lens Optician education, sharing best practice and providing direction in establishing myopia management in practice, facilitating practice to patient marketing and ensuring ongoing support of established MiSight customers to grow MiSight programme in each targeted practice. Drive adoption of MiSight in accredited accounts and accountable for MiSight sales targets within defined territory. MiSight Specialists will work with field sales and professional services to support target customers.
In addition to the above duties, the MiSight Specialist demonstrates an expert level of customer relationship management, business development, CooperVision product and sales understanding, and strategic planning and coordination between his/her accounts and CooperVision (CVI). This position requires “expert” level sales and communication skills to develop strong MiSight customers. This role will focus specifically on building a myopia management programme driven by MiSight with customers, encompassing all aspects of MiSight success including establishing an in-practice myopia management business model, optimising targeted and patient engagement, patient education, consultation and follow up, to ensure successful treatment over the years of use.
- Drive adoption of MiSight within targeted accounts to deliver sales objectives within the territory.
- Work in close partnership with the core CVI Business Development Managers on target accounts to ensure a seamless and connected experience for the customer that is best in class.
- Build a complete understanding of myopia management, MiSight® 1 day contact lenses, competitor products and demonstrate at expert level an ability to position MiSight against the competition as well as grow the myopia category.
- Be the primary contact for assigned customers as they implement a MiSight myopia management programme in to their practice to achieve agreed MiSight sales targets and KPIs.
- Demonstrate exceptional selling skills, business acumen, presentation skills and communication to influence customer processes for MiSight success.
Clear, consistent utilisation and flawless execution of each component of the MiSight myopia management programme.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to best serve the customer and CooperVision interests.
- Develop deep clinical knowledge of myopia management to add credibility, overcome objectives and influence the sales process in a compelling manner.
- Build, maintain, and lead strong relationships with members of the sales team and professional services, to gain their support in executing customer objectives.
- Demonstrate a high level of flexibility to specific customers business model and needs, including chain and independent practices.
- Fully understand each customer’s business and complete in-depth business review with customers to best assess how to implement a MiSight programme.
- Develop specific action plans for each assigned customer, based on MiSight programme and supporting tools, to achieve growth.
- Manage local MiSight marketing initiatives with customers resulting in documented success and positive return on investment.Utilise the full portfolio of CooperVision Value Add Services to support MiSight to gain and retain the business.
Key Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional selling skills; influencing sales process at expert level
- Excellent organisational skills
- Enthusiastic, engaged and supportive of all CVI initiatives
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively identify, evaluate and assimilate information to render quality decisions
- Ability to deliver training and presentations to various sized customer groups
- Use of all Microsoft office suite of tools and salesforce at intermediate to advanced level
- Optical industry experience required
- Minimum three-years’ experience in customer facing sales position(s)
- Optical qualification beneficial (Optometrist, Contact Lens Optician, Dispensing Optician)
- Demonstrated leadership in prior positions
- Demonstrated skills in customer business development and plan implementation
- Consistent achievement of sales targets
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally life sciences) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
As well as a competitive salary, CooperVision can also offer you an excellent package of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Healthshield cash plan
- Group income protection insurance
- Discounted contact lens scheme
- Lifestyle discounts (discount gym memberships/shopping vouchers etc)
- Free parking on site
- Free tea/coffee & fruit
If you like what you see, join us and not only will you be joining a growing business full of opportunity and diversity, but you will also be working alongside some of the brightest, most dedicated and passionate members of our industry.
All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal consideration and opportunities from CooperVision.