Applications are invited for the position of research optometrist within the Eurolens Research group in the Division of Pharmacy and Optometry at the University of Manchester. Eurolens Research was established in 1990 and provides research and consultancy services to the global contact lens industry. The group is housed within the Carys Bannister Building on the main campus of the University of Manchester.
You should be a UK registered optometrist with experience in contact lens fitting and aftercare. Experience of complex contact lens fitting is not required. The main duties are to undertake clinical evaluations of subjects taking part in research studies. This usually involves detailed and careful monitoring of large groups of patients for periods which can vary from days to years.
Given the diverse nature of the projects performed by the research group, some flexibility in working hours will be required.
The University actively fosters a culture of inclusion and diversity and seeks to achieve true equality of opportunity for all members of its community.
Duties of the role will include:
- Full eye examinations
- Contact lens fitting and assessment
- Ongoing patient care and management
- Collection of optometric data during research studies.
As the work involves clinical examinations for research studies, the postholder will be required to conduct all aspects of their patient care according to written standard operating procedures.
- Optometrist registered with the General Optical Council
- Recent experience of contact lens practice
- Good understanding of contact lens materials and designs
- Experience with clinical data collection databases
- Good knowledge of common desktop computer applications, especially Word and Excel.
£32,816–£40,322 per annum, dependent on relevant experience.
Enquiries about the vacancy:
- Vacancy, shortlisting and interviews: Dr Carole Maldonado-Codina at [email protected]
- General enquiries: [email protected] or 0161 275 4499
- Technical support: [email protected] or 0161 850 2004.
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from recruitment agencies.
To apply, please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Closing date: 7 February 2020.
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.