Duties of the role will include:
- To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations
- Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses
- To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacles and contact lenses, as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing
- To refer patients to an Ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required
- To maintain patient records to a professional standard
- To maintain ongoing professional CET.
- Full registration as an optometrist with the General Optical Council (GOC).
- Must have achieved core competencies as specified by the College of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC
- Must be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition
- Must have excellent patient/customer care skills
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to demonstrate sound professional ethics
- Demonstrable previous experience.
Salary: £36,000–£40,000 per annum (based on experience and accreditations held) + performance related bonus and benefits.