Are you interested in taking your OPTOMETRIST career international with a three-year stint in Jamaica? We offer a supportive transition package and competitive compensation.
Our client, Unicomer, a well-established and reputable retailer (Courts Stores) in the Caribbean, has the fastest growing chain of optical stores in the region with 11 across Jamaica (Courts Optical). The Courts Optical team is hiring qualified optometrists (trained in the US, Canada or the UK) on international contracts to be located in Kingston, Mandeville and Montego Bay. Optometrists joining this team will have a great boost to their careers being responsible for the performance of their branches and upholding clinical standards while providing optometric services.
The role requires a BSc in Optometry from an accredited school (US, Canada or the UK) with least one (1) year’s experience in optical retail and proficiency in the microsoft office suite. Unicomer will support the candidates’ registration with the Jamaica Optometrist Association as well as work permit and relocation support.
The optometrist is required to:
- Conduct tests, prescribe glasses/contact lenses or other treatment options and vision therapy and make referrals to ophthalmologists where necessary.
- Educate and counsel patients on hygiene, lighting, safety, good habits and all other elements of care.
- Ensure that service standards exceed expectations and that staff are well-trained at all times.
- Guide branch dispensers to build capability and performance and handle standard service and patient administration.
Success in this role will require a passion for serving others, being demonstrably collaborative, resilient, pragmatic and flexible and having good positive energy overall. The package for this career opportunity is set at US$100k p.a. and is offered on an unaccompanied basis. Unicomer offers great support to selected candidates to ensure a smooth transition to Jamaica – this includes:
- 3 months housing
- 3 months transportation
- Relocation benefits
- Advice and coaching by certified transition coaches.
If you match these requirements we encourage you to apply in confidence by sending in your CV and questions to: Confidential@greatpeoplesolutions.com by October 16, 2019 to get the ball rolling.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.