- To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations
- Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses
- To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacles and contact lenses, as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing
- To refer patients to an Ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required
- To maintain patient records to a professional standard
- To maintain ongoing professional CET
- Full registration as an Optometrist with the General Optical Council
- Must have achieved core competencies as specified by the College of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC
- Must be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition
- Must have excellent patient/customer care skills
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to demonstrate sound professional ethics
- Demonstrable previous experience.
Salary: £40,000 per annum (based on 32 hours/week) + performance related bonus and benefits
To apply for this post please forward your full CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for appointment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 20/09/2019.