Company: The Fort Glasgow Specsavers Limited (Specsavers Opticians)
Role: Optometrist (Full time)
Salary: £34,000 per annum + benefits.
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Description: Specsavers Opticians in Glasgow, Scotland are seeking to recruit a full time experienced GOC-registered optometrist.
Duties of the role will include:
- To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations
- Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses
- To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacle and contact lenses, as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing
- To refer patients to an ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required
- To maintain patient records to a professional standard
- To maintain ongoing professional CPD.
- Full registration as an optometrist with the GOC
- Demonstrable previous relevant work experience
- Must have achieved core competencies as specified by the College of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC
- Must be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition
- Must have excellent patient/customer care skills
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to demonstrate sound professional ethics.
To apply for this post please forward your full CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the post to Specsavers 55 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3AT.
Closing date for applications: 14 April 2019.