Specsavers Opticians in Farnborough is currently seeking to recruit experienced GOC registered Optometrists.
Duties of the roles will include:
• To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations.
• Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses.
• To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacles and contact lenses, as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing.
• To refer patients to an Ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required.
• To maintain patient records to a professional standard.
• To maintain ongoing professional CET.
Qualifications / skills required:
• Full registration as an Optometrist with the General Optical Council.
• Must have achieved core competencies as specified by the college of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC.
• Must be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition.
• Must have excellent patient / customer care skills.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Able to demonstrate sound professional ethics.
Salary: £38,000 - £50,000 per annum (dependent upon experience and accreditations) + performance related bonus.
To apply for this post please forward your full CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the post to the Director, Farnborough Specsavers, Unit 11a Princes Mead Centre, Farnborough GU14 6YA.