Specsavers Opticians in Elgin are currently seeking to recruit experienced GOC registered Optometrists.Duties of the roles will include:
• To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations.
• Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses.
• To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacles and contact lenses, as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing.
• To refer patients to an Ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required.
• To maintain patient records to a professional standard.
• To maintain ongoing professional CPD.
Qualifications / skills required:
• Full registration as an Optometrist with the GOC.
• Must have achieved core competencies as specified by the college of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC.
• Must be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition.
• Must have excellent patient / customer care skills.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Able to demonstrate sound professional ethics.
Salary: £36,000 - £47,000 per annum (dependant on experience) + performance related bonus and benefits
To apply for this post please forward your full CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the post. Postal applications to Peter Taylor, Specsavers, 96-98 High Street, Elgin, IV30 1BJ.
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01343 552204