An exciting opportunity has arisen for an optometrist to work in our brand new store in Portsmouth (North End), Hampshire.
Duties of the roles will include:
• To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations.
• Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses.
• To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacles, contact lenses as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing.
• To refer patients to an Ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required.
• To maintain patient records to a professional standard.
• To maintain ongoing professional CET.
Qualifications / skills required:
• Full registration as an Optometrist with the GOC.
• Ability to supervise pre-registration optometrists, as per General Optical Council guidelines.
• Must have achieved core competencies as specified by the college of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC.
• Demonstrable PQE with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Must be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition.
• Must have excellent patient / customer care skills.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Able to demonstrate sound professional ethics.
Salary: £45,000 per annum + discretionary bonus.
To apply for this post please forward your full CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the post.
Applications to email@example.com