Agenda for Change Band 6 salary: £26,565–£35,577 (pro rata for part time)
Full and Part-time hours available.
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest integrated care providers in England, serving a population of around 600,000 people. We are a high performing organisation with a track record of success.
We are now looking to complement our existing team with an enthusiastic and motivated optometrist. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of eight consultant ophthalmologists, two optometrists and eight orthoptists working across our Trust.
Highlights of joining our existing team include:
- Standard testing – retinoscopy and ophthalmoscopy on dilated patients
- Plus some subjective refraction of older children
- Joint orthoptist and optician clinics
- Consultant led multidisciplinary paediatric clinics
- Assessing patients for low vision aids
- Assessing paediatric patients of all ages
- Assessing patients with learning difficulties
- Participation in research and clinical trials
- Opportunity to support consultant clinics in assessment of different areas
- Opportunities to grow your career and undertake further education in assessment of contact lens and contact lens clinics.
We welcome informal discussions and should you be interested in knowing more about our Trust, please contact Mrs G Tatton, head orthoptist, on 01325 743135.
Please note these positions require a DBS.
To apply please go to www.jobs.nhs.uk quoting job and search reference number 439-SSC-OPTOM.
Closing date: 30 November 2017.