Association of Optometrists seeks a full-time membership officer.
Job purpose: Deliver all areas of membership administration to ensure the smooth running of the membership department procedures.
Reports to: Head of membership
Responsible for: TBC
Directorate: The finance team is responsible for the maintenance of controls and procedures for the accurate record keeping, custody of assets, completeness of income, credit control, fraud prevention, management and support on the internal budget framework and compliance with regulatory framework.
The membership team is responsible for the maintenance, quality, protection, and accuracy of member data, reporting of member and subscriber information to the business, and the renewal and retention process of the membership base.
Duties and key responsibilitiesCustomer services:
- Support the head of membership to plan and deliver the membership and subscription models including renewals, retention and recruitment campaigns
- Provide accurate information regarding the membership package and the AOP services to members and prospective members. Provide accurate information regarding the subscription to OT
- With the communications and commercial directorates, ensure that membership communications are delivered per agreed schedules
- Working closely with the communications directorate, coordinate and deliver dedicated non-member recruitment and ex-member reactivation telemarketing campaigns aimed at maximising growth across all membership categories
- Plan work efficiently to meet the directorate goals and objectives.
- Ensure that membership activities comply with AOP membership policy, process and procedures
- Assist in developing and implementing robust procedures to govern membership and subscription processes. Maintain periodic audits of processes and procedures to complement a continuous improvement plan
- Perform routine quality checks on the membership database, ensuring clean data and accuracy of all member, subscriber and non-member records within the database, and management practices conform to statutory and regulatory requirements (ie Data Protection Act, PCI DSS)
- Produce a monthly financial report reconciling CRM payments to the bank statement
- Produce a monthly communications report analysing the number of queries by volume, type, subject trends and response time
- Support the head of membership to produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports on recruitment and retention statistics, recommending changes and implementing when agreed
- Implement agreed database and process improvements, proactively ensuring they are tested and delivered successfully
- Keep up-to-date on membership and subscription trends of similar organisations.
- Manage the membership and subscriptions coordinator’s workflow and contribution to ensure efficient and effective member and administration services,
- Ensure continues high performance of the membership and subscriptions coordinator and identify support and development opportunities
- Act as a CRM trainer to the organisation as and when required.
- Be proactive in keeping up to date with developments affecting your work at hand and maintain and improve personal competence through continuous professional development
- Operate within organisational policies, codes of conduct and practice and work collaboratively with staff across the association
- Contribute to team meetings and organisational priorities, strategic goals and performance targets
- Be flexible and carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned within the broad remit of the post.
- At least two years’ experience of being responsible for membership processes and data within a membership organisation or trade association
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment, dealing with enquiries from stakeholders at all levels with tact and diplomacy
- Administrator level of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and ability to work with/analyse data
- Report writing and analysing results of a campaign
- Experience in telemarketing
- Previous people management experience preferable.
- IT skills including an up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer and database skills
- Able to establish and maintain strong relationships with other departments. Key stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to think logically and use initiative to problem solve
- Ability to delegate and co-ordinate the work of others.
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of membership organisations
- Working knowledge of data protection law and data protection principles
- Customer excellence methodologies.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Flexible and reliable
- Enthusiasm and willingness to be flexible in achieving targets and outcomes
- Good people skills with a friendly/professional approach.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a covering letter, explaining your suitability for the role, and your CV to email@example.com by 8 August 2017.