Specsavers is seeking a full-time optometrist to join its Portsmouth branch. Please apply in writing including a full CV and covering letter.
Duties of the role will include:
• To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations.
• Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing.
• To refer patients on appropriate use of spectacles, contact lenses as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing
• To refer patients to an ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required
• To maintain patient records to a professional standard
• To maintain on-going professional CPD
Qualifications / Skills required
• Must be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition.
• Must have excellent patient/customer care skills
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Able to demonstrate sound professional ethics
• Full registration as an optometrist with the GOC
• Must have achieved core competencies as specified with the College of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC
Salary: £45k + performance related bonus and health benefits
Telephone number: 02392 296959
Email address: email@example.com