Golf pro highlights importance of sight tests
Vision Express took its Vision Van to the Scottish Golf Show in Glasgow
08 April 2019
Professional golf player Becky Brewerton encouraged visitors to the Scottish Golf Show to go for a sight test after visiting Vision Express’ mobile sight testing unit at the event.
The multiple parked its Vision Van at the SEC Arena in Glasgow during the three-day golf event last month (22–24 March) and provided free sight tests to attendees.
Vision Express highlighted that 78% of visitors to the Vision Van during the event were overdue a sight test, with 16% reporting that they had never had one before.
Ms Brewerton, who suspected that her astigmatism had returned after having laser eye surgery, went for a sight test aboard the Vision Van.
Speaking about the importance of having a sight test, Ms Brewerton said: “Sure enough, there is a prescription there. It’s definitely worth having an eye test to be sure. Thank you to the team on board the Vision Van. It’s a great idea and great to see Vision Express at the Scottish Golf Show.”
- Specsavers introduces new clinical technician role to the group
- Hakim Group expands portfolio in Scotland
- Independent service providers: reducing cataract waiting lists, market shifts, and the impact of COVID-19
- Facing inflation: “Operational costs will need careful scrutiny”
- “The pandemic has shown us that the optometry and ophthalmology sectors can work together”