Marathon effort for Childhood Eye Cancer Trust
Vision Express’ Rob Carmichael will run the London Marathon later this month
04 April 2019
Vision Express’ senior marketing manager, Rob Carmichael, is raising money for the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust (CHECT) by taking part in the London Marathon on 28 April.
CHECT works with the multiple as its charity partner to raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of retinoblastoma (Rb) and the importance of regular sight tests.
Since partnering with the charity in 2010, Vision Express has raised £600,000 through fundraising activity such as skydives, raffles and its endurance cycling event, Ride4Sight.
Speaking about the charity, Mr Carmichael said: “I’ve seen first-hand the incredible work that CHECT does, supporting survivors of Rb. It’s an incredibly dedicated and hardworking charity, which provides an essential platform for children and families affected by this disease. I’ve been lucky enough to meet some of the CHECT team over the years and their commitment to the cause is inspiring to say the least.”
The London Marathon will be Mr Carmichael’s third marathon and he is hoping to complete it in under three hours. To donate, visit Mr Carmichael’s JustGiving page.
- Specsavers introduces new clinical technician role to the group
- Hakim Group expands portfolio in Scotland
- Independent service providers: reducing cataract waiting lists, market shifts, and the impact of COVID-19
- Facing inflation: “Operational costs will need careful scrutiny”
- “The pandemic has shown us that the optometry and ophthalmology sectors can work together”