Optical Express raises £11,720 for STV Children’s Appeal 2018
The team took part in fundraising activities and volunteered on the charity’s donation line
15 November 2018
Optical Express’s head office team in Glasgow has raised £11,720 for the STV Children’s Appeal 2018, which tackles the effect of poverty on children and young people in Scotland.
The charity explained that 220,000 children across Scotland live in poverty with families having to decide between eating dinner or heating their home.
Marketing manager at Optical Express, Mary-Frances Kelly, said: “We are incredibly proud of the efforts the Optical Express volunteers have gone to in order to raise crucial funds and awareness, for the STV Children’s Appeal. Everyone was more than happy to step up and get involved to do their bit and highlight the problem of poverty around the country.”
The Optical Express team fundraised through bake sales, dress down days and challenges such as guess the number of sweets in the jar.
The multiple sponsored events such as the Great Scottish Run and Pedal for Scotland, and 60 volunteers assisted on the Children’s Appeal donation line.
- UK surgeon finds 27 missing contact lenses in woman’s eye
- Focusing in: Optegra on adjusting over the past few years
- Providing eye care for patients with dementia
- “We have not seen absences of this level since the start of the pandemic”
- Essilor achieves a world record with its new Special Lenses range