Vision Express CEO steps down
Jonathan Lawson will be succeeded by Onur Köksal at the end of 2018
10 August 2018
Jonathan Lawson (pictured) will step down as CEO of Vision Express at the end of the year after seven years in the role.
He will be succeeded by the CEO of GrandVision-owned Atasun Optik in Turkey, Onur Köksal, who will work with Mr Lawson during a transition period.
Speaking after his decision to step down, Mr Lawson said: “I am extremely proud to have led the company during this period of significant growth driven by both like-for-like sales and acquisitions and will be sad to say goodbye to colleagues and partners who have become firm friends over the years.”
Mr Lawson joined the multiple in 2011 and oversaw the acquisition and integration of Tesco Opticians, which was completed this year.
- Specsavers introduces new clinical technician role to the group
- Hakim Group expands portfolio in Scotland
- Independent service providers: reducing cataract waiting lists, market shifts, and the impact of COVID-19
- Facing inflation: “Operational costs will need careful scrutiny”
- “The pandemic has shown us that the optometry and ophthalmology sectors can work together”