GrandVision set to appoint next CEO
Stephan Borchert will join the company in January from Sephora
26 September 2017
GrandVision, the global retailer that owns Vision Express, has announced its intention to appoint Stephan Borchert as its next chief executive officer.
Mr Borchert is currently the Europe, Middle East and Africa president of the cosmetic retailer, Sephora, and will join GrandVision in January 2018.
The appointment follows the current CEO Theo Kiesselbach’s announcement in May that he will retire in 2018, after 16 years with the company.
The supervisory board will propose the appointment of Mr Borchert to its shareholders at a meeting on 14 December.
Mr Borchert’s previous roles include managing director of cosmetics company, Douglas, and executive board member of pharmaceutical company, Celesio.
GrandVision said it was “pleased to have attracted such a broadly experienced retail professional and is confident that its growth strategy will continue successfully under Mr Borchert.”
- Specsavers introduces new clinical technician role to the group
- Hakim Group expands portfolio in Scotland
- Independent service providers: reducing cataract waiting lists, market shifts, and the impact of COVID-19
- Facing inflation: “Operational costs will need careful scrutiny”
- “The pandemic has shown us that the optometry and ophthalmology sectors can work together”