Clearlab Europe launches new silicone hydrogel daily contact lenses
Beyond 1-day ‘to continue to boost growth, not only in the UK, but also in the rest of Europe’
10 December 2015
Clearlab Europe has launched its new silicone hydrogel daily contact lens, Beyond 1-day in the UK. Like the rest of its products, the new contact lens is only sold to eye care professionals and is available in packs of 30 and 90.
The development follows the company’s launch of the first ever biocompatible silicone hydrogel contact lens this year with Clearday Beyond, a monthly replacement.
Clearlab’s UK sales manager, Dominique Gastaldi, said: “Since Clearlab’s return to the UK last year, we knew that despite our large portfolio of products, including monthly and daily lenses, cosmetic lenses and solutions, a silicone hydrogel daily contact lens was a must to continue to boost our growth, not only in the UK, but also in the rest of Europe.”
Mr Gastaldi added: “We now bring the world’s first and only biocompatible silicon hydrogel daily contact lens to eye care professionals, Beyond 1-day.”
The new contact lens has a power range of +6.00 to -10.00D, a water content of 60% and comes in a blue handling tint.
Beyond 1-day also combines the company’s successful ‘Tri-Channels Technology,’ offering high oxygen, ion and water transmission, its advanced wavefront aspheric design and Clearlab’s ‘Truform Edge Design.’
Mr Gastaldi explained: “Our ‘Aquagrip Technology’ acts like the natural tear film on the eyes. Our scientists isolated a unique component to our tears, known as mucin, and modified its structure to multiply its water-holding powers.
“If traditional contact lenses only had one arm for holding onto water, imagine ‘Aquagrip’ as two strong arms holding onto both ends of a water molecule. Like magnets, these arms allow the water molecule to attract more water molecules, recreating a stable tear film on the lens surface.”
- UK surgeon finds 27 missing contact lenses in woman’s eye
- Essilor achieves a world record with its new Special Lenses range
- Focusing in: Optegra on adjusting over the past few years
- Providing eye care for patients with dementia
- “We have not seen absences of this level since the start of the pandemic”
- CooperVision launches myopia action plan for ECPs
- Alcon achieves GreenCircle certification for zero waste to landfill
- CooperVision launches new dashboard to illustrate plastic neutral goals
- Johnson & Johnson Vision removes plastic pouches from Acuvue deliveries
- No7 Contact Lenses launches myopia campaign