MAYopia Day - Webinar 2 - Myopia: the basics
Interactive CPD points: 1
In recent years, myopia has become an area of practice where clinicians have the opportunity to not only correct, but also influence the progression of myopia and improve clinical outcomes for their patients. With a rapidly changing evidence base and an ever-growing portfolio of clinical solutions available, it is important that practitioners are updated on the latest developments in the field and incorporate myopia management tools within their skillset.
This event offers a full day of education on the theme myopia management designed to bring the profession together to hear from experts and share learnings in this key clinical area. The programme will deliver five live webinars, each offering one interactive CPD point. Delegates are invited to attend the full programme or choose individual sessions based upon their clinical interests.
- Session one: Myopia: putting the evidence-base into practice – Book now below
- Session two: Myopia: the basics – Book now below
- Session three: Myopia management: a patient-centred approach – Book now
- Session four: Myopia control: the evolution of spectacle lens technology – Book now
- Session five: Effective communication of myopia management from the consulting room – Book now
Session two: Myopia: the basics
Few areas of optometry have been afforded the interest granted to myopia management. Escalating prevalence, a rise in patient and practitioner awareness, boosted by increasing access to commercially available products are all likely to have contributed to this unparalleled interest. To help practitioners keep abreast of such changes and understand the theory underpinning myopia management, this presentation aims to simplify the topic of myopia through offering a basic overview of the current state of play.
- This webinar is approved for 1 interactive CPD point
- To be eligible for the CPD point you need to attend for the duration of the session
- The webinar will take place using Zoom
- We recommend that you use a computer or tablet device to join this webinar
11:00 - 12:00
Myopia: the basics
CPD ref no: C-102085
Dr Manbir Nagra
Dr Manbir Nagra is an optometrist, educator, and researcher working mainly in the fields of myopia, contact lenses and health technologies. In 2010, Manbir completed her PhD in the field of myopia and ocular shape following which she has remained engaged in refractive error and contact lens research. Manbir has worked as a lecturer and reader in optometry and vision science. She is immediate past chair of BUCCLE and currently involved with the BCLA’s myopia management certificate as a certificate programme lead. In addition to research and her involvement with education, Manbir continues to provide consultancy within the optical sector.
- Practitioners will have an understanding of the current state of play in myopia management