Online discussion workshop for locums
Interactive CPD points: 3
This discussion workshop is delivered in partnership with Johnson & Johnson Vision
The evening will begin with an update from the AOP’s employment team and will be followed by an interactive session led by Johnson & Johnson Vision, which focuses on helping participants to enhance their communication impact with colleagues and patients. Participants will learn new tools and techniques based on evidenced-based models, and practice applying these, allowing them to leave the session with specific actions which will help them achieve greater success for themselves and others in their one-to-one communication.
- Learn about the psychological mind
- Reflect on the speed of the “Emotional” over the “Rational” Brain
- Consider and agree the impact of this on communication patterns
- Reflect on recent experience where they would have wanted better outcomes
- Learn a well-known technique for seeing things from other’s perspective
- Create their own action plan for the steps to take post-training to embed learning
The session will support patients in practice by helping participants to:
- Reflect on their own communication style
- Consider what their patients would like from communication
- Uncover skills to manage future communication for mutually positive outcomes
There are three interactive CPD points approved for this discussion workshop.
To be eligible for the CPD points you need to attend for the duration of the meeting and be able to participate in interactive polls.
You will not be eligible for the CPD points if you dial in to the audio only using a telephone.
- The meeting will take place using Zoom
- We recommend that you use a computer or tablet device to participate in this meeting
- You will not be able to participate in this meeting if you are using Chromebooks/Chrome OS or Zoom Rooms as you will be unable to join breakout rooms.
19:00 - 19:15
Welcome and update from AOP's employment team
19:15 - 20:15
Online discussion workshop for locums: Change your thinking, change your impact!
CPD ref no: C-101105
20:15 - 20:30
CPD points: 3
- Delegates will have an opportunity to view communication from different perspectives to develop insights on how they can expand on their empathy for others
- Delegates will have an opportunity to gain awareness in how behaviour patterns and personality traits are formed and how this impacts how they interact collaboratively with colleagues in the interests of each other and our patients
- Delegates will develop a deeper understanding of their personal communication mindset and reflect on how to maximise this skill set for effectiveness in interactions with their patients