Online peer discussion - locum optometrists
Peer discussion is a great way to share ideas and reflect on different approaches. You will be presented with three cases to discuss in small groups with your peers.
Delegates will benefit from:
- Cases specific to those working as locum optometrists
- Hearing different approaches to managing clinical situations from their peers
- Recognising the importance of reflection on current and future practice
There is an ever-increasing variety of soft contact lenses available to practitioners in modern practice. These lenses all vary in terms of their design and their material properties. This CET aims to encourage clinicians to look at how the same patients’ needs change through their lifetime and with this how they might need to consider fitting a patient with a contact lens of a different modality, material or design in order to ensure the patient continues to be a happy, problem free contact lens wearer.
This session, delivered in partnership with Johnson & Johnson Vision, will examine the initial considerations when fitting a child, following the patient through into adulthood and beyond. At each stage of life, we will consider common ocular findings and look to match contact lenses to ocular health, visual and lifestyle needs.
This session is for AOP members who work as locum optometrists only.
- There are three interactive CET points approved for this webinar
- To be eligible for the CET you need to attend for the duration of the meeting using audio and video as well as participate in several interactive polls
- You will not be eligible for the CET if you dial in to the audio only using a telephone• By attending an AOP peer discussion you will be fulfilling the GOC’s peer review requirement for optometrists
- The meeting will take place using Zoom
- We recommend that you use a computer or tablet device to participate in this meeting
- You will not be able to participate in this meeting if you are using Chromebooks/Chrome OS or Zoom Rooms as you will be unable to join breakout rooms