HOAC Virtual: Online peer discussion (non-TP)
Peer discussion is a great way to share ideas and reflect on different approaches. You will be presented with cases to discuss in small groups with your peers.
Delegates will benefit from:
- Cases specifically designed for optometrists working in secondary care setting
- Hearing different approaches to managing clinical situations from their peers
- Recognising the importance of reflection on current and future practice
- To be eligible for the CET you need to attend for the duration of the meeting using audio and video as well as participate in several interactive polls
- You will not be eligible for the CET if you dial in to the audio only using a telephone
- This event does not cover the requirement for contact lens opticians or therapeutic specialist optometrists
- By attending an AOP peer discussion you will be fulfilling the GOC’s peer review requirement for optometrists
- The meeting will take place using Zoom
- We recommend that you use a computer or tablet device to participate in this meeting
- You will not be able to participate in this meeting if you are using Chromebooks/Chrome OS or Zoom rooms as you will be unable to join breakout rooms
11:00 - 12:15
Online peer discussion (non-TP)
Our objective is simple: Improving the quality of life of those with sight loss – reaching out with simple and effective solutions. We aim to help anyone with a sight difficulty, whether they are blind or have a degree of vision impairment, by offering simple to use and intuitive solutions. We provide assistive technology that ranges from optical magnifiers to full text to speech devices.
Our products are designed to help make the most of life: to allow staying in touch with friends and relatives, participating and succeeding in education and the workplace, and continuing to enjoy hobbies. We have four marketing leading brands that we offer; Optelec, Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific and Schweizer.
For over 40 years, No7 Contact Lenses have driven the future of specialist contact lenses. In collaboration with industry-leading global partners, we've developed products and services that can change lives and help businesses differentiate and thrive.
With a proud history of innovation, we are inspired by a drive to give every patient the sense of health and well-being they deserve. In the 80's we introduced CNC lathing technology. By the '90s, we had developed our first aspheric GP lens. The '00s saw us launch ortho-k, hybrid and scleral designs, and more recently, we've rolled out an educational website dedicated to ECPs who fit irregular corneas.
Now established as the UK's leading manufacturer of specialist lenses, No7 looks toward an exciting future. Our experienced and knowledgeable team will continue to explore fresh opportunities, working in partnership with eye care practitioners to give every patient the chance of a happy life with healthy vision.
Menicon is one of the world’s largest suppliers of contact lenses. Established in 1951 in Japan, it has a presence in more than 80 countries and this year is proudly celebrating its 70th Anniversary.
The UK headquarters in Northampton is dedicated to contact lens design and manufacture from start to finish.
In 2009, the long-established British firm of David Thomas Contact Lenses was acquired, which some years earlier had taken over Nova Contact Lenses, manufacturers of Rose K, which is the most widely prescribed brand of irregular cornea lenses worldwide.
Menicon’s highest priority is eye health, using precision craftsmanship to help people see life in wonderful detail and combining the traditional values of quality, expertise and service with innovative lens design.