Locum Event, Nottingham
Where: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway. Nuthall Rd, Nottingham NG8 6AZ
Interactive CET points approved: 6
Target groups: CLO, O
Delegates will benefit from an interactive peer discussion and enhance their skills with a clinical workshop with Johnson & Johnson Vision on the Secret life of tears.
These events are only open to AOP members who are registered with the AOP as a locum.
Please note that all the Locum events in 2019 will cover the same content and therefore points will only be awarded once.
6:00PM - 6:30PM
6:30PM - 6:45PM
6:45PM - 8:00PM
8:00PM - 9:15PM
Please note that these seminars are repeated throughout the year in different location and therefore points will only be awarded once.
C-62160: Peer discussion - The locum perspective 2019
- Ensure that support staff are suitably trained to carry out delegated tasks
- Be able to manage patients presenting with AMD
- Understand the assessment of the optic disc using different techniques
- Understand the responsibility to safeguard others from patients who are unfit to drive
C-59290: The secret life of tears - live demo discussion workshop
- Delegates be able to communicate any issues with the patient in a manner which is appropriate to them and their needs
- Delegates will appreciate which clinical tests are useful in a dry eye assessment
- Delegates will be aware of the possible signs of adverse interaction between the tear film/ocular surface and contact lenses, and the best techniques to detect them
- Delegates will have an understanding of the different methods of assessing the tear film
- Delegates will understand how lens design and material properties might affect the interaction between the lens and the tear film/ocular surface, and how this might determine lens choice
- Delegates will be able to recognise signs and symptoms of discomfort or dry eye issues that may be affecting contact lens wear, and act accordingly to correct these issues
- Delegates will be able to address patient's symptoms, offer support, and manage any necessary aftercare appropriately