Legal Event, London
Where: Association of Optometrists, 2 Woodbridge Street, London, EC1R 0DG
Interactive CET points applied: 4
Target groups: O
These seminars are designed to provide the support and guidance needed to help protect yourself, your practice and your patients.
|Time||Session name||CET points|
|6.15pm - 7.00pm||Registration and buffet|
|7.00pm - 8.00pm||Clinical Negligence: The Usual Suspects - AKA how to avoid being sued||2|
|8.00pm - 9.00pm||Employment matters: Good management and disputes in the Workplace||2|
Please note that these seminars are repeated throughout the year in different location and therefore points will only be awarded once.
C-62211: The usual suspects: AKA how to avoid being sued
The presentation will focus on the clinical negligence legal tests, typical claims against Optometrists, common errors, risks and how AOP can protect Members against exposure to liability from Patient complaints. It will also touch on the GDPR impact on the request for medical records.
- Be able to manage patients safely
- Understand when it is appropriate to refer patients for further investigation at an appropriate level of urgency
C: Good management and disputes in the workplace
This session will provide practical guidance on a range of common employment issues:
- Locum and Employment contracts – can locums ever claim employment rights?
- Responding to complaints – Practitioners’ rights when faced with internal investigations and tips for a fair disciplinary procedure.
- Health Issues – how practitioners can obtain support and reasonable adjustments and how employers can follow a fair internal process.
- Flexible working – Practitioners’ rights and common pitfalls for employers and how to avoid them.
|Non-member||£95 (including VAT)|
Please note that all bookings for AOP events are subject to our terms and conditions, which include our cancellation policy.