Locum Event, Cardiff
Where: Radisson Blu Cardiff, Meridian Gate, Bute Terrace, Cardiff, CF10 2FL
Interactive CET points approved: 6
Target groups: CL, O
Delivered in partnership with Johnson & Johnson Vision, these events are tailored to the unique needs of locum practitioners and provide the opportunity to discuss scenarios that locums commonly face, including delegating tasks and ensuring equipment is safe to use.
Delegates will benefit from an interactive peer discussion and enhance their skills with a clinical workshop with Johnson & Johnson Vision on the Secret life of tears.
These events are only open to AOP members who are registered with the AOP as a locum.
Please note that all the Locum events in 2019 will cover the same content and therefore points will only be awarded once.
18:00 - 18:30
18:30 - 18:45
18:45 - 20:00
20:00 - 21:15
C-62160: Peer discussion - The locum perspective 2019
- Ensure that equipment available is appropriately maintained
- Ensure that support staff are suitably trained to carry out delegated tasks
- Be able to manage patients presenting with AMD
- Understand the assessment of the optic disc using different techniques
- Understand the responsibility to safeguard others from patients who are unfit to drive
C-59290: The secret life of tears - live demo discussion workshop
- Delegates be able to communicate any issues with the patient in a manner which is appropriate to them and their needs
- Delegates will appreciate which clinical tests are useful in a dry eye assessment
- Delegates will be aware of the possible signs of adverse interaction between the tear film/ocular surface and contact lenses, and the best techniques to detect them
- Delegates will have an understanding of the different methods of assessing the tear film
- Delegates will understand how lens design and material properties might affect the interaction between the lens and the tear film/ocular surface, and how this might determine lens choice
- Delegates will be able to recognise signs and symptoms of discomfort or dry eye issues that may be affecting contact lens wear, and act accordingly to correct these issues
- Delegates will be able to address patient's symptoms, offer support, and manage any necessary aftercare appropriately