- The AOP’s decision is final.
- The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 and over. Frame of the Year and Product of the Year are open to both UK and international entrants.
- The AOP takes no responsibility for nominations/votes that are lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any other reason.
- The organiser of the Awards is the Association of Optometrists. Any complaints regarding the awards should be sent to AOP Awards, Association of Optometrists, 2 Woodbridge Street, London, EC1R 0DG.
- The AOP accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by or as a result of being nominated, nominating or accepting an award. This includes any sample products submitted as part of the nomination process.
- The AOP reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, these awards with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
- The AOP reserves the right to extend any Awards related deadlines as required.
- By nominating or accepting your nomination you are accepting these terms and conditions.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- Nominees will be asked to fulfil entry criteria to submit a nomination. Nominees should return their submissions using the official awards entry website only; no hard copy applications will be accepted. For Frame of the Year and Product of the Year categories, product samples should be sent to: AOP Awards, Association of Optometrists, 2 Woodbridge Street, London, EC1R 0DG by 12pm on Friday 19 July 2019.
- Nominees can upload supporting documentation for their nomination. This should be in the form of one document, be a maximum of 2 sides of A4 and can include anything the nominee feels will enhance their nomination (client testimonials, media coverage, practice reviews etc). This is not obligatory for the nomination. The document should show all relevant information and not include any links to websites. Anything additional to this will not be considered in the judging process.
- Nominations will close at 12pm on Friday 19 July 2019 and will be submitted to the judges.
- The profiles, including, but not limited to first name, last name, organisation and entry submission (where relevant) of the finalists will be published in a series of communications via Optometry Today (OT), the AOP and Mi-Voice. OT readers, practitioners and the public will be invited to vote for their preferred candidate.
- Manufacturers can submit a maximum of three frames for Frame of the Year. Each frame must be from a different brand.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award is selected by an AOP panel, including our Chief Executive and Chair.
- The finalists will be selected by a panel of judges from within the sector.
- The judges will rank the finalists (e.g. 1 – top ranking, 10 – lowest ranking). This will be combined with the public vote ranking to determine the winner.
- Online voting is strongly encouraged, and all nominees will be provided with marketing materials to promote online voting.
- Paper voting forms must be returned by the stated deadline to:
Mi-Voice Democracy Technology Limited
Chilworth Science Park
Southampton, SO16 7NS.
- Frame of the Year and Product of the Year are voted for exclusively by AOP members.
- Only paper forms following the official AOP template will be accepted. Templates can be requested from email@example.com and all votes will be verified through our 3rd party provider Mi-Voice. Any forms sent to the AOP Head Office will not be counted.
- One vote per person, per category is permitted. Nominees should not encourage multiple voting or place votes on behalf of a voter; any such activity will be deemed as inappropriate. Mi-Voice will monitor voting patterns and investigate obvious anomalies. Finalists may be disqualified if inappropriate voting occurs.
- Duplicate votes will be discounted and only the most recent vote will be verified.
- Votes without a full name (or AOP number for Frame of the Year and Product of the Year) will not be counted.
- All votes must be received by 5pm on Wednesday 18 December 2019.
- The public vote will be converted into a ranking (e.g. 1 – top ranking, 10 – lowest ranking). This will be combined with the judges ranking to determine the winner.
- The winner for each category, excluding Lifetime Achievement Award, will be the finalist with the lowest combined ranking from the judges and the public vote.
- In the event that there are multiple finalists with the same lowest ranking, the winner will be determined by the finalist with the highest number of public votes.
- The winners will be announced at the AOP Awards dinner at 100% Optical on Sunday 26 January 2020.
- Images and details of the nominees and winners will be shared online, including social media channels.