The AFTAs are the AOP Film and Television Awards. The AFTAs are open to all UK optometry students
How to enter the AFTAs
To enter the AFTAs 2016, make a short film promoting optometry as a career, in a fun and engaging way to 14 to 18-year-olds.
Entries can be from an optical society, a group or an individual.
The best films will be shortlisted and premiered at the prestigious AOP Student Conference Gala Dinner on Saturday 26 November 2016.
The winner of the AFTA for Best Picture will be revealed on the night and presented with the coveted AFTA award by our special guest.
- The closing date for entries is Friday 18 November 2016
- Films should be around three minutes long
- Films should not bring the university or the profession in to disrepute. Act only in a way in which the GOC would be disinterested and mummy would be proud
- To submit a film, upload it to YouTube, have it set to unlisted and send the link to Ceri Smith-Jaynes, Clinical Editor, Multimedia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The judges' decision is final
- No responsibility will be taken by the AOP for stunt-work
- By submitting your entry you allow the AOP to promote the video in all forms through OT and the AOP where relevant
- Winners are required to cry dramatically and make an acceptance speech when collecting the award
- Winners will be interviewed after the presentation for Optometry Today
- The AOP is happy to help members who are unable to deal with the resulting fame and all its trappings