Job title: Website Manager
Job purpose: Lead on the AOP web strategy and development delivery. Oversee all web projects, development and content, working closely with the in-house developer and content editor.
Reports to: Communications Director
Responsible for: Sitecore Development Lead and Web Content Editor
The communications directorate has responsibility for all external communications for the organisation including marketing, PR, Optometry Today and digital.
1. Duties and key responsibilities
- Develop and deliver the digital strategy for the AOP that meets members’ needs and supports business objectives
- Work closely with internal teams to understand their digital needs, scope projects and bid for budget
- Ongoing analysis and reporting to measure, refine and implement changes as necessary
- Horizon scanning to identify new digital opportunities, platforms, technologies and risks, and to leverage Sitecore to its full potential
- Setting and monitoring annual budgets and reporting.
- Lead the website in terms of being fully accountable for the efficient, quality, and effective implementation of the relevant templates, components and roadmap
- Work with in-house IT and third-parties to ensure infrastructure to support the web are fit for purpose
- Work closely with key stakeholders, external partners and internal teams to implement, evolve, support and own the website to appropriate quality standards.
- Line manage the Sitecore Development Lead and Web Content Editor
- Work closely with the Sitecore Development Lead, create the annual plan of development and delivery for website projects
- Oversee website content to ensure it’s developed to a high quality and upload content to the website in the absence of the Web Content Editor
- Ensure development and content projects are released on time, budget, scope and delivered to a high standard and meets the needs of members, stakeholders and internal teams.
2. General responsibilities
- Be proactive in keeping up to- date with developments affecting your work at hand and maintain and improve personal competence through continuous professional development
- Operate within organisational policies, codes of conduct and practice and work collaboratively with staff across the association
- Contribute to team meetings, and organisational priorities, strategic goals and performance targets
- Be flexible and carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned within the broad remit of the post.
3. Person specification
- A solid understanding of CMS platforms, ideally Sitecore
- Proven experience in estimating and delivering web based solutions and related technologies
- Experience of end-to-end web development lifecycle and methodologies, Agile, Scrum, DSDM
- Strong track record in solution shaping, estimating and delivery
- Familiarity with marketing concepts, solutions and relevant technologies
- Good understanding of web services/API’s
- Integration experience, particularly with CRM
- Project management experience including working on several simultaneous projects
- Developing and delivering professional presentations and reports
- Ideally, experience of managing in-house developers.
Skills and abilities
- Proactive management style with good analytical skills able to analyse complex data and make recommendations for action
- An ability to write functional specification and design solutions
- A good eye for detail, ability to work accurately and efficiently
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to discuss and communicate technical information clearly, concisely and effectively, in person, and in writing, to non-technical internal stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Team player, supportive of colleagues and able to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Meticulous and scrupulous attention to detail
- Ability to see the big picture and evaluate ways to meet expectations.
- Up to date and thorough working knowledge of the web development processes, web technologies and architecture
- Working in agile environments and understanding the agile processes
- In-depth knowledge of web content management systems (WCMS) that provide rich end user experience
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Self-motivated, ability to juggle priorities and work both alone and in a team
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work in a changing environment and manage multiple work activities, projects and deadlines
- Committed to achieving a high-quality service with strong attention to detail
- Confident and assertive whilst approachable and friendly
- Excellent communication skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a covering letter, explaining your suitability for the role, and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.